1. Our Commitment to Privacy. rentzone.ca is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its customers. This policy is established to ensure the accuracy, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
2. What is Personal Information? "Personal information" is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and service purchases and usage, credit information and billing records, service and recorded complaints.
Personal information is collected by the rentzone.ca only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it us such as when you purchase a product or service from rentzone.ca, enter a rentzone.ca promotion or choose to receive information, products or services from a rentzone.ca.
We may also receive personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided that such third parties confirm to us that they have obtained your consent to the disclosure of your personal information. Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information. rentzone.ca collects and uses your personal information primarily for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you have requested from us.
Your personal information is used to communicate with you about your account and to provide you with information related to other rentzone.ca services. If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from selected rentzone.ca sponsors or advertisers, your personal information would also be used to contact you or to send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that might be of interest to you. You always have the option, however, to tell us not to share your personal information with rentzone.ca or to exclude you from offers for other products or services.
If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by rentzone.ca or on a rentzone.ca website, your personal information will be used to administer the promotion, including the use of your name and selected other information for the purposes of contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion.
rentzone.ca may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve our product and service offerings. Unless you specifically authorize us to release your personal information, or release is required or permitted by law, the rentzone.ca Companies will not sell, lease or trade your personal information to other third parties.
Anonymous or "non-personal" information gathered by the rentzone.ca Companies through our websites may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by the rentzone.ca Companies to analyze their markets and to develop or enhance service offerings.
rentzone.ca will only ask for information about you that we need and will only ask for it when we need it. When we ask you for the information, we will explain to you why we need it and what we are going to do with it.
We will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, we will notify you accordingly.
Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
4. Disclosure. To enable us to more efficiently provide the products and services you have requested from us, the rentzone.ca Companies may share your personal information with other rentzone.ca Companies and with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers. Such third party service providers are provided only with such information as is necessary in the circumstances (i.e. your residential address may be disclosed to our distributors and carriers for the purpose of delivering your daily newspaper subscription). Information provided to third parties may be used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality.
6. Accuracy. rentzone.ca will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform rentzone.ca any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
8. Access. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by rentzone.ca, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may Contact Us via the Contact Us page.
Please use the form below to let us how how we're doing. Your feedback is important to us!